One of the major frustrations companies experience with spare parts inventory is that reduction and optimization efforts are either short-lived or stall completely.
This happens even when they have expensive ERP software and/or have purchased similarly expensive, so-called, optimization software.
The main reasons for this is that they have:
- Not identified the real issues that limit and constrain their progress
- Not trained their team in the specifics of spare parts management, which is different from regular inventory management
- Not modified their spare parts management policies to deliver sustainable results (or they don’t even have relevant policies!)
Lasting success requires that these issues be addressed.
As a spare parts management specialist I help people in asset-intensive industries achieve significant and lasting results in spare parts inventory reduction.
On average, my programs achieve a 37% reduction in spare parts inventory.
What would this be worth in your organization?
How I Work
I can help you achieve extraordinary results through a combination of expertise, specialized diagnostic tools, training your team, working with them to develop strategies and management policies, and coaching them in the execution of an agreed plan.
I provide tailored programs that target your company’s issues and resolve your problems with spare parts inventory management:
- Structured Spare Parts Management Reviews
- Spare Parts Inventory Reduction & Optimization Programs
Why My Approach Works
Spare parts management requires an understanding of the management processes and human interactions that determine your spare parts inventory outcomes – it is much more than just data analysis. I call this approach Sparesology.
My approach works for three reasons:
- Your team members learn new skills and take ownership of the actions.
- I am a spare parts management specialist – not a generic inventory consultant
- My solutions are systemic, actionable, timely and measured.
In my career I have helped companies in 35 countries apply the Inventory Cash Release® Process to achieve outstanding and lasting results in spare parts inventory management and optimization – reducing costs and increasing spare parts availability.
Learn more >>>
Phillip leads the Spare Parts Inventory Management Certificate program at The University of Kansas.
Whether or not you already use software optimization tools, or have previously worked through a program of spare parts inventory optimization, engaging me to help you apply the Inventory Cash Release® Process will help you to achieve greater savings and sustainable results.
The data is clear: my engagement outperforms other resources by a factor of 3:1